Dispute resolution (main focus):
• Legal representation in litigation on the matters of civil, business, contract, tort, banking and finance, tax, employment, administrative laws and bankruptcy before Russian commercial courts, courts of general jurisdiction as well as in arbitration and in contentious matters before administrative tribunals.
• Legal representation in contentious matters before foreign state courts, arbitral tribunals, administrative bodies (directly, when allowed by foreign laws, or in cooperation with a foreign counsel).
Advising business in its day-to-day activities:
Full-service legal advice in the course of business activities including matters of business law, contract law, tort, employment, intellectual property rights, IT and TMT, banking and finance law, property law, and other issues of conducting business.
Conducting legal research:
Preparing legal opinions with respect to effective legislation and the necessity of its amendments, conducting comparative legal research on foreign laws (CIS laws, EU law, laws of other common and civil law jurisdictions).
Projects in non-contentious matters:
• drafting a share purchase agreement related to a transfer of a tax-free shopping business under law of England and Wales;
• drafting the rules of an e-payment service and an application to obtain a Bank of Russia license to act as an e-payment service operator;
• drafting a contract to create an audiovisual work to broadcast it by federal TV-channels;
• transferring a business of selling insurance and credit services in the process of retail trade of vehicles in Russia by a major global automobile manufacturer;
• revising a construction contract to build in Russia a factory to manufacture auto components by a major global alliance of automobile manufacturers;
• revising license agreements related to software copyright transfer activity in Russia of a major global industrial 3D software developer;
• corporate structuring of an IT business operating in Russia and offshore jurisdictions to improve taxation of the group;
• preparing proposals to amend the Civil Code of Russia to regulate liability of service providers by analyzing the EU and US legislative approaches;
• preparing guidelines to collect evidence in Russia to submit it before US federal courts etc.
Projects in contentious matters:
• legal representation before Russian commercial courts of a subsidiary of one of the biggest Russian oil companies in legal disputes on construction and independent bank guarantees worth circa 2 billion RUB;
• legal representation before commercial courts of the biggest national postal service provider in legal disputes over recovering debts with respect to unregistered postal correspondence submitted by aggregating contractors;
• legal representation before a national arbitral tribunal (the ICAC at the RF CCI) of an arms industry manufacturer in a dispute over contracts of supply;
• legal representation of one of the largest CIS online airline ticket sellers in a series of domain name disputes before the WIPO Mediation and Arbitration Center;
• legal representation of one of the largest global producers of building materials in disputes on recovering damages stemming from contracts of service provision;
• legal representation of the leasing company of an European car manufacturing group in disputes over failure to execute lease agreements;
• legal representation of a Russian energy company in disputes related to receiving insurance compensation for the destruction of a purchased equipment;
• taking part in litigation on behalf of debtors and creditors in bankruptcy proceedings involving large Russian and foreign companies of oil and energy sectors, as well as from real estate development and transportation fields etc.
Solely or as part of a legal team, I have participated in the following projects (examples):